Helpful and Easy Roofing Tips
1. Think of your safety first. Worrying to attempt and look for a leak as soon as it take place is something that can place you in the hospital. Keep in mind that snooping on the roof while it is filled with snow or rice or if it is still raining is not the best method in searching for a leak. And take into account that giving temporary solution to the leak can risk your life on the line. And if you want to make sure that this will be fixed well, there is no fast way to do it. Be sure to take the time that you want, be very careful and patient enough to wait for the mother nature to give you a go single.
2. Take necessary precaution. Take into consideration that you should expect to have uncomfortable and not safety positions while you are working on the roof. As a result, it is highly recommended that you wear rubber sole shoes in order to prevent slipping. And also, you can use a harness and look for a working buddy.
3. Spray the roof. For you not to have a difficult time on looking for the leak, make sure to acquire a garden hose and spray it all over the roof. On the other hand, just wait until wintertime is over because it is not generally safe to spray water on the roof while it is filled with ice or snow.
4. Keep the cleanliness of the gutters. Clogged gutters are one of the most common causes and areas for roof leaks. The moment you fail to keep the gutters clean, this will cause build up of water on the roof once it rains.
5. Stay away from dry rot. The dry rot is not associated to any types of water destructions, but can be linked to lack of ventilation. If the roof repair should be done on the middle part of the roof, there is a greater chance that the plywood is starting to deteriorate. The roof will actually wilt and cause the roof to shingle as well as be brittle, crack, and eventually leak. Preventing the occurrence of dry rot is consist of ridge vent installation which will only work in the presence of a soffit vent. You must create holes by utilizing soffit vents so as for the cool air to go in and stay at the bottom pushing the hot air up and out.
6. Prevent the buildup of ice. During the winter seasons, the ice has no difficulty in building up in the gutters, shingles and under the roof membrane. And because of this, having a great ventilation is a must.